Sober living is usually a safe, clean environment for recovering, and former addicts to reside as they continue their work at staying clean. It is not normally used as a first step for the addict, but as a resource to help complete the persons work from a rehab facility. These facilities usually try to provide a structured setting to remove the temptations and struggles from the addict. While some facilities require a period of clean time, not all have that rule.
Sober Living Requirements
Sober living environments will have their own set of requirements but some of the standards are:
1) No addictive substances on premise to include drugs, and alcohol.
2) No violence toward any quest or staff.
3) No overnight guests.
4) Actively attending a 12 step program like AA or NA.
5) Payment of all fee by their due date.
6) A continued effort to enhance ones life through work, school or a trade program.